Monday 21 May 2012

Queen's Park Book Festival and beyond

The weekend passed in the pastoral surroundings of Queen’s Park with the taste of the cream of a burgeoning literary scene of a corner of west London.

I know I wasn’t alone in promising myself as I left that I’d make savings from somewhere (pub? Radio 4? Twitter?) to raise capital to read.

-Alex Bellos? A philosopher exploring pop maths.
-Melissa Benn and Owen Jones? The future of the left? I’m certainly looking.
-Dean Atta? Poetry alive.
-Rosa Rankin-Gee? A tale from (near) my homeland.
-Maggie Gee and Marina Lewycha? How have I not?
-Edwyn Collins? Rebuilding his life after two brain hemorrhages – His performances of Home Again and Losing Sleep on Saturday had the fire.


And, of course, to write. If you’ll forgive the indulgence, my last fiction project, 97 short stories in 95 days, She’s Elvis, is here http://sheselvis.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment